Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day... I've lost count...

Running total: same as yesterday.

So I went to a storage auction today.  It was fun! I totally got into a bidding war with a lady over a storage unit.  There were three units.  The first one was HUGE and FULL to the brim with mounds of clothes...that stunk- gross. (if I were allowed to take a picture, I would have)  The second one, the people obviously knew they hadn't paid their bill and only left trash and a tire.  Both units went for $5 and a chuckle.  The last one was the best one.  It had furniture (beautiful wooden chairs) and lots of military gear.  Thankfully, David has enlightened me on the value of all the military gear and he has told me how much the army navy surplus pays for all that stuff.  So I got to bidding.  It started with $100 and I was going back and forth with a lady who was not giving up.  I made it all the way up to $380 (more than in the jar, which is the money I took)  But, unfortunately I was outbid...by a lot.  It went for $550! UGH!  So my first day at storage auctions was a bust, but it was great practice.  (too bad the auctioneer told me to be careful because some auctions will not let children attend- ps: I took Lilly)

On another note, all the stuff I listed has so far been successful   Only one item has been bid on, but most of the stuff has watchers.  IN FACT, there was a mini bidding war on the item that has been bid on.  It is a Tommy Bahama shirt.  I listed all of the shirts to start at $10 and it went all the way up to $17.50! AWESOME! If I can get $20 from ALL of the shirts I posted (6 of them) that would be $120!!!  Not to mention that I havent even posted all the shirts or ANY of the pants.  Ok, I've got to stop, I dont want to get my hopes up.  There is about 1 and 1/2 days left on the shirts so we will see what happens.

I was considering going to another auction tomorrow, but I have so much to do before David comes home and I want it done early.  So, I will call around tomorrow to see if there are any more around me that I can attend for Friday.

PS: Still looking for more money making ideas.  If you've got em', spill em'!!!
TaTa for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment