Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I've missed a few days!

So since we last spoke I was up to $239.  I think I have made some more money since then.  I sold some stuff on eBay... Hang on let me check the jar...ok, I've sold like one thing.  I am currently at $289.00, but with good reason!!  I had my 10 year reunion and I spent a lot of time cleaning the house and having company over the weekend.  SO, I'm back on track.

For those of you who know me, you know that I am the LEAST detailed person in HISTORY!  I don't care about apostrophes (even when the dotted red line tells me I should) I don't care about dust (except when people are coming over) I dont care about correct driving directions (I'll get there eventually) The only thing I try to be detailed about is the monthly budget- I HAVE TO BE!  Anyway, I listed some Tommy Bahama clothes on eBay a couple of weeks ago when I started this whole thing and was surprised when they didn't sell, even after relisting.  Here is the pic that I listed to the right (for those of you reading on your phone above) -->
So as you can see, I did the best I could do at in my hurried state for folding and laying them out in one pic.  I got a LOT of inquiries, but no bids. I thought for sure someone would take the lot as it is a hot brand in the Florida/ Retirement community (ha ha).  Well, I did a little research this morning and apparently you need all kinds of measurements and at least 3 pictures etc etc etc.  SO, I thought, if I am really serious about paying off debt and making money, I've got to leave my comfort zone and step up my game.  My mother in law told me a story about her having a garage sale and selling so many items because she took the time to iron them and display them nicely.  The thought of ironing makes me cringe, but not more than actually doing detailed work.

side note: I am so undetailed and neither is my husband, we are both 'big picture' kind of people; however, he cares and notices the details but likes someone else to do them.  This is a problem.  Imagine if you will David asking me to iron one of these beauties (shirts) and there are random spots of wrinkles. This makes things interesting sometimes.

Anyway, so against EVERYTHING in me, I decided to get down and dirty with my ebaying.  I ironed the shirts, took measurements and took lots of pictures.  Then I stole someone else's detailed wording and cut and pasted it.  The final result?!?! 4 postings so far that look almost professional.  See them here here here and here.  So far I have these 4 shirts posted and I had to take a break because my brain and body hurts from all the details- ITS TOO MUCH!!!  Anyway, I have some views already and I am really hoping to sell these!!  Ill keep you updated!  I have so much more to post and it may take all day (if it were anyone else it would take a few hours, but I need to breaks)

Obviously the clothes will run out and I'm gonna need another way to get things to sell, so guess where I am going tomorrow?!?  A storage auction.  That's all I will say about that until tomorrow!! Be excited, be very excited!

TaTa for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment